- Traffic Sources
- Attracting Traffic from Google Discover
- Analysis of External Links
- Features of Attracting Traffic
- Traffic Quality Analysis
- Competitor Analysis
A website’s traffic is the total number of visitors that visit it in a specific period of time. Both online businesses and news and informational websites need it. Views, requests, likes, reposts, and purchases are all influenced by traffic. Attendance analysis allows you to determine the demand, competition and sources of traffic.
The main sources of traffic include:
- Traffic from searches is one of the key sources of traffic. Search engine results bring users to the website. Search traffic allows you to get the most natural conversions. The drawback is that it is very time-consuming. One should carry out a thorough website optimization to attract search traffic.
- Link volume. The basis of traffic is the clicks on external links (anchor, unanchored, etc.). You can negotiate with the proprietors of other websites or employ crowd-marketing strategies to post links. Writing insightful and original content that entices readers to click on links is the foundation of link traffic.
- Targeted. These are website users who are interested in certain business services. Cross-marketing (cross advertising), posting articles on other websites, creating groups in social networks, and search engine optimization can all be used to attract your target audience.
- Social. It comes from social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Announcements are published, adverts are made, competitions are arranged, and promotions are run to increase traffic in social networks. UTM tags assist in identifying the traffic kind, including the medium (traffic type), traffic source, and campaign (where the traffic came from).
- Advertising. The three basic types of advertising that drive traffic are banner, contextual, and teaser. Such traffic is always chargeable. Payment options include pay-per-click (PPC), pay-per-action (PPA), pay-per-view (PPV), and pay-per-order (PPO).
Attracting Traffic from Google Discover
Google Discover is a Google Feed news feed where users of Android devices can get tips on content. There is no desktop version; the feed is only presented to users of mobile devices.
The strategies listed below are employed to drive traffic to Google Discover:
Engaging content. It is advised to publish the material that is most pertinent to the target audience. It can concern the company’s products or activities.
Images. You should provide images starting at 1200 pixels in size that are bright and large. To produce an image, use the max-image-preview:large directive.
Publishing entities. Entities are objects, concepts, and brands. Applications like Entity Explorer or Google Images can be used to locate them.
Mobile technology. Content has to be completely mobile-friendly. There should be no pop-up advertisements and the page should load quickly.
Meta tags. It is required to correctly complete the Title and Description meta tags. They should be clear, educational, and motivating for users to visit the site.
Analysis of External Links
Analysis of external links identifies the success of the site’s external optimization and enables you to check link traffic. Open the “Traffic Sources” report in Google Analytics to examine the sources. Direct hits, newsletters, and search engines are all potential traffic sources. Organic search, paid contextual advertising, and direct traffic are the key referral mechanisms.
To verify external conversions, use the option under the chart. Reports on sources, keys, and entry pages can be made in settings. Set the traffic analysis period and choose the “Source” option to display the traffic sources. The quality of the subsequent traffic is assessed. The links that people utilize to access the site and their efficacy are taken into consideration.
Refusals, viewed sites, and session length are the major factors determining how effective a link is.
The most helpful links must be picked out and studied. A link should be carefully examined if it generates traffic but has a high bounce rate. The connection should be as pertinent and organic as feasible. Additionally, links that do not generate traffic are assessed. You should verify the backlinks to your website and the content’s alignment with the resource’s theme.
Features of Attracting Traffic
Both free and commercial strategies can be used to increase traffic. Free techniques include article writing, competitions, online advertising, Google registration, publishing links on your website, and internal resource optimization. Ads and traffic exchange are two of the paid strategies.
The following principles are required to generate traffic. The target audience must be researched in order to design an effective website that caters to visitor preferences. The website should have simple navigation, appealing design, educational information, and original content. During advertising efforts, the focus is on the value of the content rather than keyword stuffing. Thematic pieces, humorous images, and memes all aid in bringing in new visitors.
It is also advised to create a YouTube business account, as this will aid in bringing in more traffic to the website.
Traffic Quality Analysis
Several factors are looked at while assessing traffic quality:
- Web pages per session. The indicator enables you to ascertain how many pages were seen by visitors. The typical number is more than 1-2 pages for a business website. A decline in page views might be a sign that customers aren’t interested. In this situation, you must update the website’s content and make necessary design changes.
- Session length. This attribute determines the length of time visitors stay on the site. The measure is seconds. Analyze your website for conformity with the interests of the target audience as the session time decreases.
You can update the site or use more efficient advertising. Long session times suggest that users are not finding what they are looking for.
- Bounce rate. This attribute determines the number of people who left the site after clicking on it. A high bounce rate means that users are not satisfied with the outcome.
To boost traffic, a thorough competitor study is advised. Researching leaders and outsiders, putting together a semantic core of competitors, and choosing the style of landing page are all steps in the competition analysis process. It enables you to find effective methods of resource promotion.
Competitor analysis can be carried out on one’s own or with the assistance of specialized tools (for example, Similar Web, Alexa, Sprout Social). Self-analysis is not particularly accurate and does not allow for a dynamic evaluation of the overall issue. You may use specialized services to filter the queries of your competitors, gather related and overlapping questions, and assess the visibility of competitors for a set of searches.
You should carry out a thorough internal and external optimization of the site to enhance traffic. The Google Analytics tool may be used to examine traffic. The length of the session, bounce rate, and other data should be taken into consideration. In order to create the best plan for advertising your own website, you need to routinely analyze the traffic of your competitors.