- Basic SERP Components
- SERP Generation
- Google SERP Algorithms
- Unusual Aspects of On-SERP SEO
- On-SERP SEO Elements
- Optimizing Content for Zero-Click
- Checking the Site’s Positions
The term “SERP” refers to the results that appear on the first page of search results. Websites, documents, photos, and news are among them. So-called zero-click results, also known as “sorcerers,” may appear on Google’s SERPs above or to the right of the main results. Sorcerers contain suggested search results or comparable queries that may be relevant to the current search.
Basic SERP Components
SERPs’ main components are as follows:
- Organic positioning. This is a list of links that a search engine has indexed. They come with a tag and a snippet.
- Commercial positioning. This is a contextual advertisement that contains different types of ads – text, text/graphic and multimedia. It can be located near the organic results or be completely absent.
- Shortcuts. This is a succinct response to a query given by a search engine and that has nothing to do with the website. For instance, exchange rates, distance, etc.
- Related queries. On occasion, the search engine suggests a query that was typed incorrectly. It’s also possible to have spelling problems automatically corrected.
- Controls. These are hyperlinks to various settings, pages, and sections. They make it easier for users to interact with the system.
- Indexability is one of the primary determining elements for SERP ranking. It is necessary to ensure that the robots.txt file is filled out correctly, create a sitemap, and register the site in Google Search Console.
- Relevancy. The website should include pertinent content that can be analyzed by assessors.
- Uniqueness. The highest rated websites are those that have original content without overt plagiarism.
- Site traffic. High site traffic positively affects the results of search ranking.
- Loading speed. A website that has technical issues and a slow loading speed drops in the ranking.
- Adaptive design and usability. The website should display well on mobile devices, have a clear and user-friendly interface.
- Reputation. The site will rank the higher, the more external links it has.
Google SERP Algorithms
Google SERP includes the following algorithms:
- E.A.T. Evaluates credibility, authority, and competence. It applies to YMYL websites, including those for government, law, medicine, and online shopping.
- Colibri. Verifies the overall meaning, the literacy of the occurrence of the keys, and text readability.
- Panda. The quality of the content is analyzed in terms of relevance, originality and usability.
- Mobile friendly. Determines whether the website is properly displayed on mobile devices.
Unusual Aspects of On-SERP SEO
On-page and off-page SEO are the two basic categories of conventional SEO. Semantics, query group definition, content optimization, and usability are examples of on-page factors. Off-page factors include link building and better social signals. However, getting to the top does not always guarantee a lot of traffic. On-SERP SEO has grown in popularity recently. It entails optimizing your website to take up more space on the landing page of Google search results. There are legal approaches to improve presence in the top results for this purpose. With the right planning, you can get three results for one site: one in the contextual advertising, one in the main position, and one in position zero. A page can be promoted in social networks and used to draw users to other websites (such as ad sites) in order to improve the resuts.
On-SERP SEO Elements
Some essential on-SERP SEO elements are:
- Video carousels. The results of numerous desktop and mobile device searches are shown. A video timeline is offered for the user’s convenience in Google’s mobile resuts. For video optimization, a unique tool called InVideo is employed.
- Images. These key search components occupy a sizable section of the screen. You can utilize the ALT tag and include images on all of your site’s pages to optimize photos.
- Google Shopping. For commercial queries, the results can be seen in the general results. The results are displayed in the Ads field. You must set up Google Shopping.
- Localized offers. Displayed when you type “near me.” You can set up local offers by signing up for Google My Business.
- Interesting finds. Only mobile devices can see it. Displayed only on mobile devices. Helpful content is generated to display interesting finds – history, instructions, reviews, etc.
Optimizing Content for Zero-Click
Certain guidelines should be followed in order to optimize content for Zero-Click:
- Use the title’s main keyword.
- The subheading’s use of question-word keys.
- Each item starts with a definition, which is followed by more information on the subject.
- Use of tables, rankings, lists, and comparisons.
- Updating the website with a FAQ page.
- Micro-markup is being introduced for better understanding of page content.
- Constant content updating and optimization is necessary to keep the material up-to-date.
- Image optimization.
Checking the Site’s Positions
To determine the website’s position in the search engine, use the techniques listed below:
- Manual check. It is used to check geo-dependent queries, for a select few keyword phrases in private mode, and for a few other purposes.
- Search Console. The service provides average data and technical factors such as clickability, displays, and clicks. Go to the “Efficiency” section and turn on “Average position” to perform the analysis.
- Unique services. Services that can simultaneously gather statistics from several search engines. They can be free or paid. CY-PR.com is the free service and Serpstat is the paid service. Paid services have a wider range of functions.
To optimize the site according to SERP guidelines, you should optimize the content, taking into account the location of users. Technical parameters and usability should be thoroughly worked out, which will ensure a high relevance of the site and increase behavioral factors. The following guidelines must be followed in order to rank organically: enable Google Analytics, complete the robots.txt file, use human-readable URLs, ensure a smart text structure, fill in the meta tags, improve the uniqueness of content, and do external site optimization.